March 7, 2012

On the Farm

Spring is almost here! 

I had a few consecutive days off this week, so of course I came back home to my parents house, and I was quickly reminded that it is almost Spring, and therefore lambing is in full force around here.

In the last two weeks we have had six new additions to our little farm.  Four baby lambs and two baby goats have joined the family, and we have more lambs on the way. 

The first two of our 4 baby lambs on the day they were born.

Stein - (Stine? - I'm not sure how they are spelling it.)  He was the first of the new additions.

Sampson - He is a triplet, but due to complications, the other two didn't make it.  Unfortunately, we lost his Momma a few days after he was born.  He is now being bottle fed, and from what I can see he is loving the extra attention.

It has definitely been a crazy couple of weeks around here and it is keeping my family quite busy.  Because I no longer live at home I am able to escape the madness, but I have discovered (much to my surprise) that I really miss it.  Growing up I hated the constant work of raising animals, and literally counted the days until I could move away.  Now that I am living an hour and a half away without a single pet I have to admit that I miss it and look forward to any chance that I have to come back. 

It's funny how life works.  I never realized what a blessing this life was until I left it.

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment