January 6, 2012

Memories

I have decided to write about a few of my favorite memories.  They are in no particular order, they are just a few things that give you all a closer look at who I am and what has made me that way.  :-)

 Killing my first deer.
     Growing up my dad has always been a hunter.  I remember when I was very young I would grab on to the straps of his overalls and hang on for dear life.  My goal was to convince him through my begging to either stay home or take me with him.  When I was 11 I got my hunting license.  One would think that this would have been the start of my oh so successful hunting career, but no.  I got bored with it and never actually went hunting.  In fact, I don't think I shot a gun from the time I was 11 until the time I killed my first deer when I was 17 and a senior in high school.  I guess you could say that I was scared of the "kick".  Anyways...hunting was always my sister's thing.  It was what brought her and my dad so close together....I guess you could say that I was jealous of that.  Killing my first deer changed that.  I finally had that moment with my dad, and no one can ever take that away from me. 
Nov. 2006
Costa Rica
     In March 2007 I went on a mission trip to Alajuela, Costa Rica.  It would take about three posts to actually go into details about the trip, but just know that it was incredible.  (If you want details about the trip just ask me, I would be happy to tell you all about it.)


Ashley & I at work.  :)



 LC3
     Throughout high school and part of college I worked at a little movie theater called "Linton Cinemas III."  It was here that I met on of my best friends, Ashley. My favorite LC3 memory is being smacked in the face with a sweeper (by that same best friend) -- In her defense I feel that I should mention that she was attempting to keep me from falling.  The result was both of us on the floor and my with a bruised face.



Buying my first car
     In May 2011 I traded in my 2000 Mercury Sable for a 2011 Toyota Corolla.  Although by May I had been a college graduate for five whole months, and I had been working at my first "big girl job" for almost two months, it was at this moment when I was signing all of my paperwork that I realized that I had officially become a grown up.

I'm not going to give this memory a title mostly because I'm not going to mention this person's name. -- I'm not sure if she would want everyone in the world to know that this is about her, but she reads my blog, so she will know that she made my list.  :) 
Anyways....in 2007 I met a close friend of mine.  I won't go into great detail, but I will say that one very clear memory that I have of her was the night she told me that she refused to call herself a Christian.  She loved God, and she knew that God loved her and as far as she was concerned that was as far as it went.  Her attitude toward Christianity was because close family member of her's was considered a "Christian" and would put on the mask when in public, but as soon as the doors closed the mask came off and the ugly came out.  She hated that, and if that's what a Christian was than she didn't want anything to do with it. 
Hearing her say that really hit me hard.  I immediately began praying for her.  I also began evaluating my life because I wanted to be sure that who I was as a Christian would draw people closer to Christ...not push them away. 
Three years after this conversation took place, my friend was baptized.  That day is definitely one of my favorite moments in life thus far.  Seeing the changes that God made in her life, and getting the opportunity to continue to watch her grow in her relationship with Christ has truly been remarkable.  God is so good.


2009-2010 April, me, Casey, Makenzie


A few of my favorite memories took place with my sorority sisters.  Once I joined Delta Gamma I began living in Stairwell 5 of the Lincoln Quads.  With bedrooms the size of jail cells and that many girls living in such a small space the only results could be fun, excitement, and....drama.  However, since I am writing about good memories and not bad ones...I'll stick to fun and excitement.  :-) 


Dixon dancing for Casey.

Casey and I...I'm pretty sure she tackled me.
2010 Kayla, Kaci, me, Ahnya, Mary

Our last picture together before I graduated.

We were big fans of dance parties.




































Now you all know more about me than most people.  :-)  I hope I didn't bore you too much.

Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Life is oh so good! I must say though, I do not think that I tackled you, I do believe that Makenzie pushed me into you and well, as we can see, I took you down with me. That was also the night I lost my phone in the snow. This is what I miss about college! Those Delta Gamma girls so know how to have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete